Pages

Friday 17 December 2010

Can you believe this is a cake?!?!

Please behold the beautiful sponge cake made for Smy Chutney by cake-ologist Ellie Spatchet. I did toy with the idea of saving it forever by shellacking and/or varnishing it but thought this might be bad luck and/or a waste of cake and/or disrespectful to said Spatchet. So I ate half and froze half and thought this would make everyone happy. I have made chutney-ology my life's work and this cake is a celebration of that. I will now dedicate part of my life's work to get Ellie to make cake-ology part of her life's work as this is just one of the amazing cakes made by Ellie in the past two months alone! If she won't make cake-ology her life's work....I believe motorsport has already staked a claim in this area (exhibit A: her cool blog - In the Kitty Litter - check it out!)...I implore her to at least make a blog for her amazing cakes and if she won't do that then in the new year I will do a post on this blog on her cakes.

Seriously...thank you SO much Ellie, it was delicious and thoughtful and I'm so grateful. You are brilliant...as are all people from East Anglia!

and remember...
it's not your chutney...
it's Smy Chutney.

No comments:

Post a Comment