Pages

Friday 19 October 2012

Preserved lemons


Here's a little experiment I undertook with some lemons that I had.  I sliced whole lemons rather thin and immersed them in different flavours so that I could use them for cooking and teas.  The jar on the top far left has the sliced lemon, demerrara sugar, sliced ginger and more lemon juice.  The top middle jar has the sliced lemons, whole dried chillies, sea salt and is topped with more lemon juice.  The jar on the top far right has the lemons, sliced garlic, sea salt and is topped with more lemon juice.  I'll keep shaking them and once I've opened them up I will let you know how they turned out.  I think the lemon and ginger mix will make a great lemon and ginger tea or an addition to a cheesecake.  The other two should work well in soups, roasts and all sorts.

 

Here are the jars before I topped them with the juice of more lemons.


I inadvertently was wearing my new tights while making my preserved lemons which all went towards brightening a grey day in London.


No comments:

Post a Comment